Loudness provides loudness, loudness range and true peak level measurement for iPad2 & iPad3 according to the ITU RS 1770-2, ITU-RS 1771 and the EBU R128 and the EBU 3342 recommendations. In combination with a class compliant USB audio hardware like the RME Fireface UCX or the Alesis IO dock it turns your iPad into a qualified studio measurement tool. It comes with presets according to the most prominent recommendations of ITU and EBU and allows for completely user definable settings of many graphical and technical parameters. If you want to test Loudness you can check out Loudness Lite for a time limited fully functional version. Or just contact us!
– Loudness, True Peak and Loudness Range measurement according to ITU 1770-2, 1771 and EBU R128 and 3342
– simultaneous display of momentary / short term / integrated loudness and true peak level
– moving adjustable loudness over time graph showing momentary & short term loudness and gate level
– compatible with class compliant audio hardware
– tested & approved audio hardware: RME Fireface UCX, Alesis IO dock, Lexicon Omega, miditech audioface II
– manual and automatic calibration
– user adjustable algorithm parameters: gate levels, target levels, gate range
– user adjustable graphic engine: bar resolution, time resolution, absolute/relative scale, scale range, critical true peak level
– In-App help menu
The algorithms which are defined by EBU and ITU are computationally quite extensive. That’s why this App does not work on iPad1. The attached audio interface needs to be set to 48 kHz sampling rate.
We recommend to turn on airplane mode and turn off location services in the ipad settings for a smooth performance.