Analyzer

Analyzer

Analyzer 2 – now available! It comes with amazing features, a great graphic engine and unbelievable usability and functionality!

The Analyzer is a combination of a sound pressure level (SPL) meter and a full range multiple bands frequency analyzer. It is mainly designed for audio professionals who need to evaluate different working environments (e.g. studios, live stages)… that’s why it’s perfect for anyone who’s in need of acoustical analysis!! It is easy to use and comes with amazing features only known from professional acoustic tools.

Use the Analyzer for measuring stages, testing speakers, evaluate sound mixing environments, analyzing your instrument… or the noise your neighbor makes with his new stereo!

Combine the Analyzer with external microphones such as the MicW i436 for better measurement performance! Or use it with external USB audio hardware like Apogee’s OneDuet and Quartet, the RME Fireface UCX or the Alesis IO dock, change the measurement scale to dB FS and use it as a studio Analyzer!

Features of the Analyzer 2.0:

• full support of iPhone 5
  • multiple language support starting with english and german
  • reticle with lens functionality
  • bar or fft line view
  • user definable graph colors
  • optional automatic peak detection
  • optional equal loudness contours
  • data storage
  • export to .csv oder .png files: share them via Mail, Dropbox and other Apps
  • up to 14 different snapshots (depending on the iDevice)
  • advanced iCloud support
  • zoom like in maps
  • data storage, import and export
  • advanced iCloud support
  • up to 14 different snapshots (depending on the iDevice)
  • workspace
  • select your bandwidth from 1octave up to 1/1200 octave (depending on your iDevice)
  • choose between 6 different window functions
  • select your FFT block size from 1024 to 65536 samples
  • In App help without the need of internet connection
  • signal generator (white/pink noise, sine)
  • frequency response compensation for different mic characteristics of the built-in microphones
  • switch between dB (FS) and dB (SPL) level (headset / USB in only)
  • switch between normalized and absolute frequency levels
  • manual and automatic calibration
  • Leq measurement
  • weighting functions: A B C Z
  • 3 different response times
  • audio input / output setup
  • available as in-App purchases: frequency response compensations for micW i436 (with individually adjustable sensitivity), i266 and i456, the Apple headset and the Apple ear pods

55 Responses to Analyzer

• Andy

Replied on: 04/10/2012, 11:19

Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing Analyzer (currently v1.4) for my iPad/iPhone.

I just saw that there will be Analyzer V2 coming soon. Would this release be free for Analyzer V1 users? Or should I better wait for the new version to avoid buying it twice?

Best regards,
    Andy

Replied on: 04/10/2012, 12:39

Hi Andy,

thanx for your interest! The Analyzer 2.0 will be released as a normal update, so anybody who has a previous Analyzer version installed can make the update anytime free of charge!

• anshuman mishra

Replied on: 18/10/2013, 22:16

hello.no signal on my dsp analyzer.only change done on the ipad was ios7 update.Help

Replied on: 31/10/2013, 07:28

Hello,

please make sure the Analyzer has access to the built-in microphone: go to Settings->Privacy->Microphone and enable the Analyzer access!

• Andy

Replied on: 19/10/2012, 10:41

Hi,

I have just bought Analyzer, but I am very much disappointed:

I want to use Analyzer in 1/3 Octave mode (Terzband), but the displayed frequencies numbers below the graph are a mess. What are these frequencies?
    For acoustic measurements, the 1/3 Octave band CENTER frequencies should be displayed (according to EN ISO 266)! These are the ones that can be adjusted by graphic-Equalizers!
    So, Please update the display, otherwise the app is totally useless for acoustical measurements/adjustments on stage.

Best regards,
    Andy

Replied on: 17/11/2012, 12:43

Hi Andy,
      Analyzer 2.0 let’s you switch the “center” frequency between 440 and 1000Hz and it will be available very soon! The frequencies you are used to are the ones based on center of 1000Hz – give it a few days and you will have them!

• Pat Maki

Replied on: 28/11/2012, 09:42

In this new ver2 analyzer there is no in app purchase for built in mic compensation. Is it included in ver2 already as default? At least I assume so because of the app price has raised.
    Regards Pat

Replied on: 28/11/2012, 10:07

Hi Pat,

exactly: we included the built-in compensation in the Analyzer 2.0.

• mathias berghoff

Replied on: 30/11/2012, 23:28

i recently bought the im2 mic from tascam for recordingtasks.
    it is a stereomic with omnicapsules and its own ad-converter (16bit 44.1khz).
    any chance, that you will make calibration for this ?

greetings and thanks for a great app,
    mathias

Replied on: 13/01/2013, 12:49

Hi Mathias,

are you actually using the Analyzer with this mic – and does it work fine? If yes there’s a good chance that we will make a compensation for this mic.

• Niels Christophersen

Replied on: 13/12/2012, 14:31

I have updatet to version 2.0, and the update installed, but ruined my app in OS 5.1.1.
    Im not planning to update to IOS 6, and would like to use the old app or get a app that funktions with IOS 5 as promised

Replied on: 13/12/2012, 19:06

Hi,

due to the many requests of iOS5 users we will make the App iOS5 compatible with the next update. BUT: in iOS5 there’s the limiter and the lowcut – we don’t think it’s clever to renounce of the huge advantages of iOS 6. We will make the App work in IOS5 but there’s no guarantee that all calibration works as well as in iOS6.

• Michael

Replied on: 01/01/2013, 10:42

Hi,
    I bought the Analzer 2.0 but i’m not able to a activate the spectrum analyzer . When I start the app the SPL Meter will launched Subsequently at once. Afterwards it’s impossible to activate the spectrum analyzer functionality. Maybe I do an operator error ?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Michael

Replied on: 01/01/2013, 12:43

Hi Michael,

on iPhone the Analyzer view is available in landscape view. Make sure you turned off autorotation lock and turn your iPhone to landscape view – and there’s the Analyzer view. We built in an autorotation lock in both views for more practical handling – so maybe this caused your problem. It’s the white rotation symbol with/without a lock.

Cheers

• Michael G

Replied on: 16/01/2013, 10:26

What us the freq response spec on the 4S internal mic?

Replied on: 16/01/2013, 17:02

Hi Michael,

here are the answers:
      - Is the calibration of the mic on the 4S affected by the use of an Otterbox Defender protective case?
      I think so because it shades the mic. How massive the influence is we can not know because we don’t have such a case and can not measure it. But if you can lay your hands on a simple SPL Meter you can measure the difference by yourself.

What us the freq response spec on the 4S internal mic?

- Can I use the internal mic at the same time as I use the signal generator output through a cable? My first attempt shut off the mic!#%*!
      No you can’t – iOS does not allow this because it is the headset input you’re using and it automatically shuts off the internal mic the moment you use this jack. There are possibilities though when using an external mic like i436 with splitter cable.

• Michael G

Replied on: 20/01/2013, 01:44

I am not using the headset output on the iPhone, I am using a cable from the big flat socket which has a 3.5mm stereo plug on the other end! Is the sig gen output from the headset jack different than the SUV gen output from the big (30-pin?) socket!?

• Michael G

Replied on: 20/01/2013, 02:01

I’m using my iPhone and it put the term SUV in my above post. It was supposed to say ‘sig’. Stupid iPhone! :(

• Michael G

Replied on: 20/01/2013, 02:06

Previously, we said: “What us the freq response spec on the 4S internal mic?
    - The microphones are not linear on the whole frequency range. We offer compensation curves for this.”

Is the 4S compensation curve you offer included with the analyzer app and is it automatically selected or do I have to purchase the compensation curve separately?

Replied on: 28/01/2013, 10:51

Hi Michael,

the compensation curves for built-in mics are always integrated since Analyzer 2.0. So if you buy the Analyzer there’s an option to activate the compensation in the settings -> frequency compensation menu.

• Gabriel

Replied on: 21/01/2013, 17:45

Im thinking about buying this app, I will use it with a Shure SM57, will it work? connecting it through USB.
    I have the freq response of this mic, would I be able to manage the frequency response compensations for it? Or you only have the set up for the MicW ones?
    Thanks!!!

• Michael G

Replied on: 28/01/2013, 03:17

You have not responded to my questions on the 20th. :(

• Alexandr

Replied on: 30/01/2013, 06:11

It would be very convenient to extend the capabilities of the program:
    test phase of the signal and the test signal for this in the generator.

Replied on: 30/01/2013, 17:45

Hi Alexandr,

thanx for the input – we will think about it.

• José Manuel

Replied on: 04/02/2013, 00:39

Does it have the possibility of linear frequency axis?
    Thanks in advance.

Replied on: 08/02/2013, 20:18

Hi,
      unfortunately not – the scale is logarithmic only.

• Estevan

Replied on: 23/02/2013, 09:18

Execelent programa

• Daniel F

Replied on: 25/02/2013, 19:08

Hello,
    I just bought this app and I’m a bot over whelmed…

Can we make the display a bit more like Octave RTA from Onyx?

Specifically the slow mode here isn’t slow at all (not compared to the Octave RTA) and I’d like to see peaks more clearly – I’m using this to balance a home cinema system.

I’m using the MicW i436 with this,

Thanks!

Replied on: 26/02/2013, 13:32

Hi Daniel,

thanx for the input, we will see what we can do. For identifying peaks the Analyzer offers an automatic peak detection: touch the workspace icon (upper right corner the left white icon), choose “caption” -> peaks. Now the Analyzer shows the topmost 3 peak levels with corresponding frequencies. For getting detailed information about the frequency response of a system it’s great to use the Leq function. In combination with a stationary noise (pink or white noise) you’ll get a really good response in a minute. If you now store this Leq graph you can compare it to previous and / or future measurements.

• Bruce K

Replied on: 03/03/2013, 22:46

Some calibration mics for iPhone/iPad come with unique serialized calibration files that work with some analyzer apps. Does your app support calibration files or is MicW the only external mic directly supported?

Replied on: 30/04/2013, 23:58

At the moment we are offering freqeuncy compensations only for MicW Products. But we are working on cooperations with some other external mics as well – hopefully they will be available very soon. Calibration files are not supported.

• Mike

Replied on: 13/05/2013, 17:35

Can I export screens showing logarithmic scale?

Replied on: 13/05/2013, 22:52

The scales are logarithmic: they show dB (SPL or FS) on vertical scale (dB is logarithmic) and frequency (logarithmic) on horizontal scale. And if you export we don’t change this – every exported png or csv has logarithmic scale!

• Mark

Replied on: 01/08/2013, 03:26

Does it measure the THD ?

Replied on: 09/08/2013, 17:50

Hi Mark,

the Analyzer can not directly measure THD but you can use it to analyze sine signals with non harmonic distortions.

• Pat Maki

Replied on: 01/10/2013, 11:56

IOS 7 was just published. Is Analyzer 2 tested fully IOS 7 compatible.
    Did frequency response remain intact with IOS 7.

Replied on: 05/10/2013, 08:15

Everything works fine with iOS7 if you udate the Analyzer to the new 2.3 version.

• Ben

Replied on: 25/10/2013, 13:22

I can’t seem to get the app to work either with my micW i436 or with the onboard mic… Very frustrating

Replied on: 31/10/2013, 07:28

Hi Ben,

• brandon

Replied on: 13/11/2013, 18:38

does this work well with iPad?

Replied on: 15/11/2013, 10:04

Yes, on all iPads. But we recommend at least iPad2.

• Igor

Replied on: 27/12/2013, 13:15

Programma don’t open. iPad 5.1.1

Replied on: 28/12/2013, 22:13

Hello Igor,

sorry for the trouble. There’s a problem with the Analyzer and iOS 5.1.1 which will be solved in the next Update (v2.3.1). It is already in review at iTunes, so it should not take more than a few days to get it all working again!

• Curtis Lisch

Replied on: 10/02/2014, 08:34

Is it possible to fix the frequency scale whilst increasing the resolution of the amplitude. I.e. to be able to zoom in whilst being able to see the whole frequency spectrum. Also is it possible to more clearly mark the frequency scale.

Cheers

Replied on: 08/04/2014, 22:35

Hello Curtis,

the zoom function appies always to both power and frequency. But you can try the lens function: touch and hold and you get it. It’s not possible to adjust the calse color but you can change the backgroundcolor and the color pf the graphs…#

Best Daniel

• J!

Replied on: 18/02/2014, 17:44

Hi,

Great app!
    Is there a way for me to display an x-curve shape inside the analyzer?

Replied on: 06/03/2014, 23:37

NOt yet but we will think about it!

• Tom

Replied on: 25/03/2014, 02:53

Hi I’m a guitar builder and I’m thinking about buying you analyzer. I don’t have much experience with them. I want to be able to trigger the sampling by tapping my guitar and i want to be able to average 5 – 10 samples and display the frequency content of these averaged taps. Will your analyzer do this? Thanks!

Replied on: 08/04/2014, 22:21

Hello Tom,

as far as I understand you I don’t think the Analyzer can provide this…

daniel

• Mike

Replied on: 12/04/2014, 12:43

Hi, Analyzer is not starting again on ipad 5.1.1 since the upate on 9/4/14

Mike

Replied on: 17/04/2014, 10:21

We fixed this in Analyzer 2.3.5 which is in review at iTunes at the moment – should be available within the next few days.

DAniel

• Jonas

Replied on: 22/04/2014, 18:58

Hi,

i wanted to know how i can connect my iphone 5 with the app too my fireface ucx… ?

greets